In this short video, John Pemberton, Head Coach at the Diabetic Muscle and Fitness Online Coaching Academy covers the 10 key nutrition principles for successful body transformation. These include…
1. Calculate energy requirements when gaining mass or shredding fat.
2. Protein intake over the day that hits the optimal zone of 1.4 – 2.2g/kg (0.7 – 1.0g/lb).
3. Protein spread out equally over four to five meals a day for maximum muscle protein synthesis.
4. Meal macronutrient consistency to ensure accurate insulin dosing for type 1 diabetes, and stable after-meal glucose levels for type 2 diabetes.
5. Meal protein sources high in all the essential amino acids needed for optimal muscle growth, especially Leucine at a dose of 3g per meal.
6. Monounsaturated fat is the primary source of dietary fat to ensure the least insulin resistance, and to promote heart health.
7. Oily fish to provide with plenty of Omega-3 fats.
8. High intake of various fruit and vegetables to flood your body with vitamin, minerals, polyphenols and anti-oxidants.
9. Promote a healthy microbiome (your gut) by including plenty of pre-biotic fibre, fermented foods, soluble fibre and other vital nutrients.
10. Enough carbohydrate to fuel gym sessions, but not too much to cause blood glucose issues.